A colorless, odorless, toxic gas, carbon monoxide (CO) can be produced, by some degree, by all gas-burning appliances. Unregulated exposure to CO can go so far as to cause death, making detection imperative.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the most common type of fatal air poisoning in the U.S as well as many countries worldwide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, flammable gas that is slightly less dense than air and highly toxic. The EPA has average level in homes to be 0.5 - 5.0 ppm. Aristotle, in 380 BC, first recorded that burning coals produced a toxic fume.
We can test for carbon monoxide not only in your home, but in the fixtures that might be contributing to dangerous levels. We can even recommend detectors and provide the proper maintenance needed to keep your appliances from emitting unsafe levels.